Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Project's progress
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Project's progress
Project's progress 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello.I would like to ask you if i have to report anything i commit on my project now or at my report at the presentation.I communicate with my project manager via personal mails.The only developers of the projects are the project manager and me.So we don&#039;t have to use mailing lists. Moreover,i have reported some bugs on the project but i have reported them to my project manager using mail too. How can i include all those to my FOSS project?<br /><br />PS. On commit i mean sending the svn patch to my project manager and he is commiting it. Not me. I am just shown on the AUTHOR&#039;s file. Is it ok with you?
santaris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Project's progress 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello!<br /><br />As far as it concerns the code you commit when you present your project you have to bring an .exe file of the project you are working on and explain us what have you done.<br /><br />As far as it concerns the bug reports you can send it to us by mail (if you don&#039;t have links then send us all the communications you had with the pther developer).<br /><br />But before all you have to send to me (katerinamus@yahoo.gr) your &#913;&#917;&#924; username and password if you haven&#039;t done it already.
Katerina
Admin
graphgraph

Re: Project's progress 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi to all<br /><br />I have the same problem since the project I&#039;m evolved in -- although open source (LGPL) in sourceforge -- is quite moderated as long as it concerns submiting my own revisions to its svn repository, a privelege exclusively given to the lead developers of the project. Concerning though the fact that the project belongs to NICTA (National ICT Australia - Australia&#039;s Information and Communications Technology Centre) and the lead developers are employees being paid for developing that specific project, as well as considering the fact that the library is used as a base for advanced research in other NICTA&#039;s scientific projects, it makes quite a sense why the project&#039;s svn repository is being accessed by the lead developers only. Moreover, just like Santari&#039;s, my project hasn&#039;t got a forum and a mailing-list yet, and communication as well as submission of code is being achivied via sending personal mails to the lead developers.<br /><br />My questions though are -- Since the project I&#039;m developing is a C++ Template Library for Fast Linear Algebra and as such there&#039;s no .exe&nbsp; :P or binary executable, what am I supposed to bring to the presentation? Additionally I would like to ask -- Since my activity in the project can only be monitored by sending to you the conversation I&#039;m having with the lead developers and of course by downloading the project&#039;s files (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/arma/armadillo-0.7.2.tar.gz) and by seing my name in the files containing the code I developed and in the README file arma.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/arma/tru...&amp;view=markup which at the end refers to the developers and also my name is posted there -- why do you need my username and password from sourceforge?&nbsp; ???<br /><br />Cheers<br />Dimitris
dimitris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hello Dimitris.<br /><br />About your questions:<br />-Bring to the presentation the source code files you have commited code to.<br />-Keep all the conversations you had with the developers (emails, project files, readme file) because you will need them for your presentation.<br />-We need your username and password in sourceforge to make sure it&#039;s your own work. For example, i could find a very active user and register his username as mine for my project. In order to verify your progress we need this information.<br /><br />Eleni
econst
Administrator
graphgraph

Dear Eleni<br /><br />-We need your username and password in sourceforge to make sure it&#039;s your own work. For example, i could find a very active user and register his username as mine for my project. In order to verify your progress we need this information.<br /><br /><br />1) I don&#039;t use sourceforge to commit my code. As already mentioned submission of code to the lead developers is being done via personal emails. Thus giving you my account info in SF, I don&#039;t thing that would be much of a help in conducting your evaluation, since there&#039;s no activity of mine in sourceforge except from the initial email I sent to the lead developers for joining the project. <br />2) My name is written, by the lead developers on the files I commited as well as in the README file (see links in previous reply), where credits are being given to all developers. As such I thing is quite easy to prove that the author of the code is me&nbsp; ;D.<br />3) Anyway, though not quite convinced&nbsp; :-, If you still insist in acquiring my account info in SF [font=Verdana]please[/font] reply to this post and I&#039;ll send it via email to&nbsp; katerinamus@yahoo.gr. As the Greeks use to say &quot;When in need even the Gods are convinced&quot;&nbsp; ;).<br /><br />Best Regards<br />Dimitris
dimitris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hello Dimitris.<br /><br />If you think that by sending us your sf login data, they will not be of any use and it is OK with Katerina, who is the supervisor of your project, then don&#039;t send them. <br /><br />Regards.<br /><br />Eleni
econst
Administrator
graphgraph

Thanks a lot for resolving my problem. By the way you can see info about my project at<br />www.netgeners.net/index.php?option=com_m...47&amp;Itemid=37
dimitris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Progress in my F/OSS project: <br />Just wanted to announce and share my joy with you, that the lead developers of my F/OSS project, after my contribution to it, decided to upgrade me to a main developer of the project.<br /><br />more info about my project and my contribution to it at:<br />www.netgeners.net/index.php?option=com_m...47&amp;Itemid=37<br />
dimitris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1